Strengthening Families Program
The Strengthening Families Program (SFP) is a nationally and internationally recognized parenting and family strengthening program for high-risk and general population families. SFP is an evidence-based family skills training program found to significantly improve parenting skills and family relationships, reduce problem behaviors, delinquency and alcohol and drug abuse in children and to improve social competencies and school performance. Child maltreatment also decreases as parents strengthen bonds with their children and learn more effective parenting skills.
Your family will learn to:
1. Daily notice and compliment the good in family members.
2. Have respectful communication and productive family meetings.
3.Use the 5 Rs of successful families: Rules, Rewards, Responsibilities, Routines, and happy Rituals.
4. Set limits and consequences.
5. Use problem solving and win-win negotiation skills.
6. Use stress reducers and good anger management tools.
7. Make goals and contracts to change for the better.
8. Avoid addictive substances that damage the brain.
9. Help kids choose good friends and monitor kids' activities.
10. Share values, enjoy traditions, give service, and be a positive agent for change.